- 1 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 2 What is Bali best known for?
- 3 What should I see in Bali?
- 4 Is Bali Indonesia expensive?
- 5 What is illegal in Bali?
- 6 Can you drink alcohol in Bali?
- 7 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 8 How do you greet someone in Bali?
- 9 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 10 Do they speak English in Bali?
- 11 What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
- 12 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 13 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali.
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag.
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest.
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps.
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day.
- 5 – Staying in Kuta.
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.
What is Bali best known for?
Bali Indonesia. Also known as the Land of the Gods, Bali appeals through its sheer natural beauty of looming volcanoes and lush terraced rice fields that exude peace and serenity. Bali enchants with its dramatic dances and colorful ceremonies, its arts, and crafts, to its luxurious beach resorts and exciting nightlife.
What should I see in Bali?
12 Things You Must Do in Bali, Indonesia
- Tegalalang Rice Terraces. Tegalalang Rice Terraces is a valley of rice paddies, located north of Ubud.
- Sekumpul Waterfalls.
- Visit Diamond Beach.
- Explore paradise Gili Air.
- Stay with a local family.
- Sunrise in Munduk.
- Monkey Forest in Ubud.
- Must do on Bali: Kelingking Nusa Penida.
Is Bali Indonesia expensive?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you don’t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
What is illegal in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
Can you drink alcohol in Bali?
Currently, there are no alcohol bans being enforced in Indonesia, with the exception of Aceh. Also in 2015, the Indonesian government banned the sale of alcohol from minimarkets and small shops, with the exception of Bali province, though sale was allowed in supermarkets, restaurants, bars, clubs and hotels.
Why is Bali so cheap?
Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. Basically, the most expensive thing you will need to buy is a ticket to get to Bali.
How do you greet someone in Bali?
It is common to just say “Halo” or “Hi” to greet people. It is also common to greet someone by saying “how are you?” which translates as “Apa kabar?” Other commonly used greetings will depend on what time of day it is. Good morning translates as “Selamat pagi.” Good afternoon is “Selamat siang.”
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
Do they speak English in Bali?
English on Bali English is the common “third” language and the most popular foreign language by far (after Indonesian and Balinese). Due to tourism requirements, a lot of Balinese speak a level of English that allows them to communicate with tourists on a fundamental level.
What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
10 Foods You Must Eat in Bali
- Babi Guling- Suckling Pig. by Kaum.
- Gado Gado- Indonesian Salad. by Taste.
- Mie Goreng- Stir Fried Noodles. A staple Indonesian food.
- Sate- Skewer. Eat barbequed meat on a stick.
- Pepes Ikan- Steamed Fish in Banana Leaf.
- Laklak- Balinese Cake.
- Nasi Campur- Mixed Rice.
- Es Campur- Shaved Ice.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Romantic gestures or emotions are never displayed in public, except lovers holding hands is something the Balinese do openly. Usually, people give and receive either with the right hand or with both hands, while the left hand is kept slightly behind the right hand, without touching the other person.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
The winner: Thailand works out to be cheaper overall, has a wider range of cuisines and activities for families and has cleaner beaches. If nightlife is where you’re at though, Bali is the winner. Scroll here for our quick side-by-side comparison of each destination.