Is Lovina worth visiting?
Lovina is Bali’s main northern beach resort and tends to be the underdog in Bali, but is actually really worth a visit! It is a nice place to escape the crowd from Kuta, Legian, Canggu, Seminyak, or Denpasar. Along the beach, you can find plenty of accommodation, food- and shopping possibilities.
Why Go to Lovina?
Visit Lovina, Indonesia The sea is usually calm due to the coral reef off the shore making it a good option for families. One other attraction to Lovina is the legendary sunsets. The sand is black and as a consequence can get quite hot to the touch but the area is superb for dolphin watching and diving.
How do you get to Lovina Bali?
Most visitors arrive in Lovina from the south in a self-drive hire car or with a car and driver. A journey from Kuta takes about 3 hrs and from Sanur slightly less. Ubud is a 2 hour car journey over the central highland range. Many visitors from the south choose though to break their journey at Bedugul or Kintamani.
Where can I go north Bali?
North Bali, top 10 things to do
- Visit mountain village and traditional market in Bedugul.
- Mount Batur sunrise trekking.
- Sunrise dolphin watching.
- Snorkeling and scuba diving at worldclass sites.
- Bathing with the locals at Air Panas Banjar Hot Springs.
- Hiking through the rice paddies of Munduk & Mayong.
Is North Bali worth visiting?
While the North of Bali isn’t as popular as the South, there’s still a fair bit of tourist infrastructure in place. It’s certainly more built-up than the likes of Amed in Eastern Bali, so regardless of your budget, you won’t struggle for a place to stay.
Is North Bali safe?
Bali is safe to visit. And whilst petty crime does pose a little bit of a problem, there were ‘only’ a total of 3,347 criminal cases recorded. That’s 1 case per 1,700 tourists and that’s a number that down from the year before. Violent crime itself is relatively low as well.
Where can I see dolphins in Bali?
Dolphins can be found in numerous places. In northern Bali, at Lovina Beach, traditional fishing boats head off in search of dolphins every day before sunrise. At Amed, in eastern Bali, the dolphins swim close to the beach and in the south, you can visit the best dolphin spots by speedboat from Tanjung Benoa and Sanur.
Where should stay in Bali?
Best Areas to Stay in Bali
- Kuta – for surfers & party lovers.
- Seminyak – for sunset beach bars, luxury restaurants, and shopping.
- Canggu – for laid-back boho-chic beach lovers.
- Uluwatu – upscale clifftop resorts and beach clubs.
- Ubud – for serenity, stunning nature and peaceful getaways.
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali.
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag.
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest.
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps.
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day.
- 5 – Staying in Kuta.
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.