- 1 How much do you tip a driver in Indonesia?
- 2 Do you tip waiters in Bali?
- 3 How much should you tip your tour guide in Bali?
- 4 How much do you tip transfer drivers?
- 5 What is minimum wage in Bali?
- 6 What is a good tip in Indonesia?
- 7 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 8 How do you say hello in Balinese?
- 9 What should you not do in Bali?
- 10 How much do you tip Villa staff in Bali?
- 11 What language is most commonly spoken in Bali?
- 12 What is the average wage in Bali?
- 13 Do you tip your airport shuttle driver?
- 14 How much should you tip an airport driver?
- 15 Do you tip airport transfer drivers?
How much do you tip a driver in Indonesia?
Drivers usually receive 2/3rds of what the accompanying guide gets. $7-8 per day is a guideline, but do note that you don’t have to tip drivers doing pick ups and drop offs at airports.
Do you tip waiters in Bali?
While tipping in Bali is considered to be a western concept, and not mandatory, it is generally appreciated by the service staff. In most restaurants tipping between 5-20% is generally what we opt for.
How much should you tip your tour guide in Bali?
Although you have to pay the initial fee for his services, your tour guide will not expect a tip, but will appreciate one. If you are happy with his efforts, it is normal to pay $5-$10 in tips.
How much do you tip transfer drivers?
The general rule of thumb is that you should tip your chauffeur between 15% and 20%.
What is minimum wage in Bali?
The 2020 and 2021 minimum wage for Bali as a province is Rp 2,494,000 (UMP Bali) which was a raise of 8.51% from the Bali UMP in 2019 at Rp 2,297,968. The nine regencies of Bali each have their own minimum wage (the UMK Bali).
What is a good tip in Indonesia?
Tipping is not mandatory. However, if you want to tip, perhaps provide 5-10% of the total bill. Restaurants: some restaurants will include 5-10% service charge to their bill. But if they don’t levy any service charge, you can tip between Rp10,000 to 10% of the total bill.
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali.
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag.
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest.
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps.
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day.
- 5 – Staying in Kuta.
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.
How do you say hello in Balinese?
Saying “Hello” in Balinese. Say ” om suastiastu”. To say “hello” in Balinese you should say “om suastiastu.” X Research source The Balinese language has a different alphabet to Western languages, so this transcribing of the phrase for hello is written as it is pronounced in Balinese.
What should you not do in Bali?
9 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Do Not Enter The Temples With Your Shoes On.
- Avoid Drinking Tap Water.
- Do Not Visit Temples Wearing Revealing Clothes.
- Avoid Using Your Left Hand For Giving Or Accepting Things.
- Drug Possession And Consumption Can Land You In Jail.
- Maintain Decorum During Nyepi.
- Honking Without Reason Is Prohibited.
How much do you tip Villa staff in Bali?
How Much To Tip Villa Staff In Bali? For each week that you spend in your villa, you should tip each member of the villa staff at least 100,000 IDR (Indonesian Rupiah). That’s around 7.30 USD or 10.50 AUD.
What language is most commonly spoken in Bali?
Bahasa Bali & Bahasa Indonesia Most Balinese are bilingual if not trilingual (Indonesian, Balinese, English). Although every Balinese speaks the language of his mother island, Indonesian is the most common language – particularly in the tourism sector.
What is the average wage in Bali?
What is the average salary in Bali? Well, the average annual salary, including transport, housing, and other benefits, is 160,046,778 IDR ($11,165)/yr or 13,345,000 IDR ($931)/month for salaried jobs. Those who work hourly jobs can expect about 76,946 IDR ($5.36)/hr.
Do you tip your airport shuttle driver?
Your Airport Shuttle Driver There’s no standard for tipping your airport parking shuttle driver. However, it’s always kind to offer something to shuttle drivers. An acceptable tipping standard for these drivers is one dollar per bag. If you have a lot of luggage, consider one dollar per person in your traveling party.
How much should you tip an airport driver?
For a taxi to/from the airport, about $5. If it’s a taxi for my family of four with luggage to/from the airport, about $10.” Perkins sticks to the customary 15% for taxis but doesn’t use Uber, and Frye tips taxi drivers 10% to 20%, and Uber depending on the quality of the service.
Do you tip airport transfer drivers?
Transportation Tipping Cab driver: 15 percent to 20 percent tip of the fare. Airport transportation attendants: If the driver helps you with your bags, offer $1 per bag.