- 1 Is Lombok better than Bali?
- 2 What is there to do in Lombok for 4 days?
- 3 What is there to do in Lombok for 3 days?
- 4 What is there to do in Lombok for 2 days?
- 5 Is Lombok a touristy?
- 6 How many days do you need in Lombok?
- 7 What is the best area to stay in Lombok?
- 8 How do you get around Lombok?
- 9 How long is the boat ride from Bali to Lombok?
- 10 What religion is Lombok?
- 11 What should I buy in Lombok?
- 12 Can you fly direct to Lombok?
- 13 What language is spoken in Lombok?
- 14 Where is Lombok island located?
Is Lombok better than Bali?
The winner: Bali has much more going for it than Lombok in the way of flight and accommodation options, as well as things to do. More direct flights operate out of major cities to Bali compared to Lombok and with an abundance of accommodation options, it’s more ideal for family friendly and romantic holidays.
What is there to do in Lombok for 4 days?
4 of the Best Things to do in Lombok
- Watch Sunrise from the Peak of Mount Rinjani. After visiting the Gili Islands, hiking Rinjani is the most popular tourist activity on Lombok.
- Trek to Tiu Kelep Waterfall.
- Chill on Selong Belanak Beach.
- Take an Island Hopping Tour Around the Sekotong Islands.
What is there to do in Lombok for 3 days?
Things to do in Lombok
- Multi-day trip to the Gili Islands (Gilli Trawangan is the party one)
- Trekking Mount Rinjani.
- Bicycle tour.
- Beach hop (don’t miss Mawun Beach & Selong Belanak)
- Surfing lessons.
- Tiu Kelep Watefall (THE BEST ONE!)
- Sindang Gila Waterfall.
- Betara Lenjang Waterfall.
What is there to do in Lombok for 2 days?
20 Best Things to Do in Lombok
- Hike Mount Rinjani.
- Mount Rinjani Crater Rim Hike.
- Senaru Walking Tour.
- Hike Pergasingan Hill.
- Waterfalls in Lombok.
- Bukit Selong Rice Field Viewpoint.
- Pusuk Pass Monkey Forest.
Is Lombok a touristy?
For a start, Lombok is far less crowded than Bali. If crowds are something that bothers you, and you aren’t too keen on how touristy much of Bali and their traditional villages have become, then the beautiful and intimate tranquility of Lombok might be just what you’re looking for.
How many days do you need in Lombok?
How Long To Spend In Lombok? For your first trip to Lombok, 3 days to a 1 week Lombok itinerary would be great. Of course, you can stay longer, but it will all depend on how much you want to do and what pace you’re happy to have.
What is the best area to stay in Lombok?
Best places to stay in Lombok
- Senggigi. Senggigi is Lombok’s main arrival hub and busiest destination, nestled amid a series of exquisite sweeping bays that run north to south along the west coast of the island, one hour’s drive from Lombok airport.
- Gili Trawangan.
- Gili Air.
- Gili Meno.
- Kuta Lombok.
How do you get around Lombok?
Lombok Transport Options
- Bus. From the International Airport there is a bus which can take you to Mataram or Senggigi.
- Bemo. This is a small van with an open back and a bench seat along either side.
- Taxi. Taxi’s are a great way to get around Lombok.
- Hire a Driver.
- Car Hire.
- Motorbike Hire.
How long is the boat ride from Bali to Lombok?
The Bali to Lombok ferry travel time can take up to 6 hours and the conditions on board are often uncomfortable and cramped.
What religion is Lombok?
The island’s indigenous Sasak people are predominantly Muslim however before the arrival of Islam Lombok experienced a long period of Hindu and Buddhist influence that reached the island through Java. A minority Balinese Hindu culture remains in Lombok.
What should I buy in Lombok?
What to Bring Home from Lombok?
- Furniture. I know, I know, it sounds weird, but you can actually buy fantastic furniture on Lombok and the vendor will ship the products within a couple of days.
- Fabrics and Textiles. You can buy beautiful textiles and natural fabrics on this island.
- Jewellery and Pearls.
Can you fly direct to Lombok?
Domestic flights to Praya, Lombok From Jakarta, there are 5 airlines that have direct services to Praya, Lombok, which are AirAsia, Batik Air, Citilink, Garuda Indonesia (SkyTeam) and Lion Air. From Sumbawa Besar, the only airline with direct flights is Wings Air.
What language is spoken in Lombok?
The Sasak language is spoken by the Sasak ethnic group, which make up the majority of the population of Lombok in Indonesia. It is closely related to the Balinese and Sumbawa languages spoken on adjacent islands, and is part of the Austronesian language family.
Where is Lombok island located?
Lombok, island, Nusa Tenggara Barat provinsi (province), Indonesia. It is one of the Lesser Sunda Islands, lying due east of Bali across the Lombok Strait and due west of Sumbawa across the Alas Strait. To the north is the Java Sea, to the south the Indian Ocean.