- 1 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 2 What is safe to eat in Bali?
- 3 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 4 How can I avoid getting sick in Bali?
- 5 What is illegal in Bali?
- 6 Are there sharks in Bali?
- 7 What should I eat for dinner in Bali?
- 8 What are some traditions in Bali?
- 9 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 10 Can couples stay together in Bali?
- 11 Can you drink alcohol in public in Bali?
- 12 What diseases can you catch in Bali?
- 13 What is Bali belly caused from?
- 14 Are there any travel warnings for Bali?
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali.
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag.
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest.
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps.
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day.
- 5 – Staying in Kuta.
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.
What is safe to eat in Bali?
10 Foods You Must Eat in Bali
- Babi Guling- Suckling Pig. by Kaum.
- Gado Gado- Indonesian Salad. by Taste.
- Mie Goreng- Stir Fried Noodles. A staple Indonesian food.
- Sate- Skewer. Eat barbequed meat on a stick.
- Pepes Ikan- Steamed Fish in Banana Leaf.
- Laklak- Balinese Cake.
- Nasi Campur- Mixed Rice.
- Es Campur- Shaved Ice.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
Dos And Don’ts When Visiting Bali
- DO: Cover Up In The Temples.
- DON’T: Use Your Left Hand When Giving/Receiving.
- DO: Leave Your Shoes Outside.
- DON’T: Touch People’s Heads.
- DO: Be Careful Where You Step.
- DON’T: Drink Tap Water.
- DO: Haggle – But Not Too Hard.
How can I avoid getting sick in Bali?
The bacteria, parasites and viruses that cause Bali Belly can be transmitted between people and also in food and water. So if you’re caring for someone who is sick, wash your hands regularly and thoroughly, avoid touching your face, and don’t share food and drinks.
What is illegal in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
Are there sharks in Bali?
Short answer; Yes, there are sharks in Bali. There is a great deal of White Tip and Black Tip Reef Sharks around the reefs of Nusa Dua and Padang Bai, but they are pretty shy and no threat to humans. Bali is one of the safest places to surf, looking at stats and data available from surf spots around the world.
What should I eat for dinner in Bali?
THE BEST OF LOCAL FOOD IN BALI
- Babi Guling. Babi Guling is Bali’s spice-rubbed, spit-roasted staple (photo credit: Jack the Traveller via Flickr)
- Nasi Campur. Nasi Campur is the bit-of-everything dish that we LOVE! (
- Sate Lilit Ikan.
- Bebek Betutu.
- Nasi/Mie Goreng.
- Sambal Matah.
What are some traditions in Bali?
Traditional Rituals in Bali You Should Know About
- Ngaben. The majority of Balinese people are Hindus.
- The teeth-cutting ceremony. This ceremony is performed when a Balinese reaches puberty.
- Ngurek. A religious/cultural tradition of self-harm or piercing is evident in many cultures in Indonesia.
- Melasti ceremony.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
Can couples stay together in Bali?
The news might come as a shock, but it’s all true. Indonesian government has proposed a new law under which an unmarried couple won’t be allowed to stay in a hotel room together in Bali and if they do, it’d be considered a criminal offence.
Can you drink alcohol in public in Bali?
Currently, there are no alcohol bans being enforced in Indonesia, with the exception of Aceh. Also in 2015, the Indonesian government banned the sale of alcohol from minimarkets and small shops, with the exception of Bali province, though sale was allowed in supermarkets, restaurants, bars, clubs and hotels.
What diseases can you catch in Bali?
Additional potential vaccinations for Bali
- Hepatitis A. This is a viral illness which can be spread by contaminated food and water or through contact with infected people.
- Yellow Fever.
- Japanese Encephalitis.
- Hepatitis B.
What is Bali belly caused from?
Bali Belly can be caused by bacteria found in local foods or drinking water, although it is most commonly caused by an increase in exotic foods, too much food and an increase in alcohol consumption.
Are there any travel warnings for Bali?
Do not travel to Indonesia, including Bali, due to the health risks from the COVID-19 pandemic and the significant disruptions to global travel.